Thursday 31 March 2011

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back to my preliminary task I can recognise that I have progressed in terms of photography, page structure, layout and research and planning. The preliminary task looks amateur and unstructured with no clear layout whereas my main task has a clear and obvious masthead, more than 3 cover lines, a barcode, and more than one image. The fact that in my main task there are several cover lines shows that I have learnt there shouldn’t be a large amount of blank space like there is in my preliminary task. The fonts I have used in my music magazine front cover all vary, unlike in my preliminary task where the fonts are all similar making the front cover dull. The fact that I’ve realised that a variety of fonts is more appealing to the reader shows that I have learnt from research that this is the best way to assemble my music magazine front cover. As well as the variety of fonts I have used an array of colours for the typeface instead of just sticking to just three key colours as is evident on my preliminary task. I feel it attracts the reader to the front cover and in fact looks more professional than on my preliminary task where every cover line is in a childish purple oval. I have learnt that the types of images should look professional so that they don’t have a background which distracts away from the subject as is visible in my preliminary task. The white background in my main task on the front cover makes the model used stand out with the colours on her dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment