Tuesday 29 March 2011

My Action Plan for my Music Magazine

I created an action plan so that I could gather my ideas together and shape what my magazine was going to be like. Here it is:

G321 Foundation Production: Action Plan
Name: Emily Cameron

What I plan to call the magazine: Fusion
I have chosen this name because I am going to include more than one genre of music as the charts will be featured in my magazine and the top 40 isn’t all ‘Indie’ for example.
My reader profile:  My magazine will predominately be for females of the age 16 and above. They will be interested in a variety of music genre’s not just one specific type so the UK charts will feature heavily in my magazine. As well as having a love for new music, they have an interest in fashion so get influenced by what music artists wear.

Collage for my typical reader:
 
Ideas for the front cover image:
I need a place to take the photo; I need to have a guitar which I have already prepared.  I also need to start choosing a font for my masthead and different fonts for my cover lines as well. I have already chosen my model for my front cover, who is female. She will be holding a guitar, which I already have prepared. The photo is going to be in a photography studio- so the background will be white, making my model stand out and therefore also making it easier for me to place my cover lines around the model because picking a font colour that shows up won’t be a problem. My masthead is going to be in a font from ‘www.dafont.com’ because there is a variety from which I can pick the most suitable; I haven’t chosen a specific font for my masthead yet.
What do I need to achieve this?
1.      White background
2.      A guitar
3.      A model
4.      Suitable attire
5.      Choose what make-up I’d like my model to wear
6.      Think of what pose I’d like my model to be in
7.      Choose a font for my masthead from ‘www.dafont.com’

Ideas for the main cover line and other sell lines (and tag line):
The main cover line will be about my solo artist on my front cover and how she is new and upcoming, and it will be about what she has done so far and what she is planning to play at an upcoming festival she is playing at. For other sell lines there will be information on how to survive at a music festival, what the current fashion is for music artists, how to win some concert tickets, and what new songs are out and in the charts.

Ideas for the contents page:
A white background with just a picture of a guitar leaning on an amp will be on the bottom right hand corner with the information about what features are included in the magazine. This is where the colour will come in so its not as boring. I will be trying to have around 20 features in the contents page.
What do I need to do to achieve this?
  1. To think of 20 features I could place in the contents page.
  2. To actually take a picture of a guitar leaning on an amp.
  3. To choose what fonts and colours I am going to use
  4. To choose the layout of all the different features I am going to include

Ideas for the double page spread – type of feature.
It will be related to my solo artist and how she is new in the music world, it will be like and interview.
What do I need to do to achieve this?
I need to create questions and answers for the interview that I am going to do.

After this action plan I made pencil drawings/mock ups of my front cover, contents page and double page spread to get an idea of where everything would be placed in relation to eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment