Wednesday 23 March 2011

My School Magazine Audience Questionnaire.

I sent out an audience questionnaire which when I received it back provided me with ideas on things such as what to call my magazine, what features/sell lines I should include and the colour scheme which should be used. I didn't act on every bit of feedback I received but took into account the answers I thought would best reflect my target audience of 16-18 year old females at an all girls school. Here is the questionnaire I sent out:
Audience Questionnaire
1.      Would you be interested in reading a school magazine? (circle answer)
Yes                                           No

2.      How much would you be willing to pay for a school magazine? (please state)
__________________

3.      Who would you like articles to be written by? (circle answer)
Teachers                                 Pupils                           Both

4.      What size would you like the magazine to be? (circle)
A4                                A5

5.      How often would you like a new issue to be released? (circle)
Every Term                 Every Month                           Every Other Month

6.      What would be your preferred colour scheme? (main two colours)
__________________

7.      Would you like the same amount of images as text? (circle)
Yes                                           No

8.      Would you prefer the front covers sell lines to be light-hearted, formal or a mix of the two? (circle)
Light-hearted                          Formal                         Mix of Both

9.      What would you expect to be on the front cover? (please state)
__________________

10.  What gender would you prefer to see on the front cover? (circle)
Male                            Female                                    Both                             Either

11.  What sort of features would you prefer reading in the magazine? (circle only 3)
Music Reviews                        School Trauma Stories                        Fashion Tips
Film Releases              Celebrity Gossip                                  Homework Help

12.  What would you particularly not be interested in reading in a school magazine? (please state)
_________________

13.  What would you call a school magazine?
_________________             
In my next blog will be the reader profile I created before I made the school magazine, as well as a mood board to show visually what type of person would typically read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment