Wednesday 23 March 2011

My First Blog.

This is my first blog which I have created to archive all that I do in my Media AS level. This blog will enable whoever is interested to track my progress throughout the creation of my Music Magazine. In this magazine I will be designing, and making a front cover, contents page and double page spread on the solo artist of my choice. My close friend Megan Setterfield was very generous  in granting me permission to photograph her as my 'famous solo artist' on the front cover, and then to do a double page spread interview on her too.

In the build up to the making of this Music Magazine, our class first had to create a 'School Magazine' each. I called mine 'Rising Star' as it is an appropriate and relevant name to school life. The more you're learning in school the more you are becoming a 'rising star'. I got the name for my magazine after handing out questionnaires and picking this one as the one liked best; I was acting on the feedback I received. Another close friend- Sarah Riding - posed for the cover image of my school magazine with a folder and relatively smart clothing; showing connotations of a school environment.

Before we sent out our audience questionnaires for the school magazine we reviewed a few magazines from other schools to discover codes and conventions of them. In my next blog, the codes and conventions we found will  be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment